What are Thermal Shock/Cycling-Resistant Floors?
Hot, cold and hot again. Floors that are designed to stand up to extreme temperatures and extreme changes in temperature are thermal shock and thermal cycling-resistant. Floors are often exposed to these extreme conditions due to processing, equipment, and cleaning.
Benefits of Thermal Shock/Cycling-Resistant Floors
Protection from thermal shock and cycling are critical to the longevity of a floor. Without this protection, the floor will fail. Installing heat resistant flooring at your faciliy has multiple benefits.
Benefit highlights include:
- Preventing cracking of the floor
- Saving lost time and money in the repair or replacement of floors
- Providing good working conditions for employees
- Maintaining floor aesthetics
Industries that use hot ovens, coolers or bottling lines experience these types of changes on a regular basis.
Recommended industries include:
Our team of Territory Managers will help you choose the best floor to stand up to thermal shock and thermal cycling conditions. Our specialised systems are engineered to stand up to the heat and the cold, again and again without compromising a great design. Our protective epoxy floor coatings are offered in decorative colorrs, blends and finishes.
Recommended products include:
- Stonclad UT - popular in commercial kitchens and food & beverage envrionments
- Stonclad UR - popular in commercial kitchens and food & beverage environments
- Stonclad UL - popular in commercial kitchens and food & beverage environments
- Stonclad UT - Popular in commercial kitchens and food & beverage environments
- Stonshield UTS - food preparation areas